Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A little bit of history


My recent trip up to Richmond is partially what inspired me to lace up my running shoes and hit the road instead of staying inside on the treadmill. I found a place to live and right behind it up a hill is the cutest little park overlooking the city that I'd love to run at! The path winds up to a view of the James River. I guess when the settlers named Richmond it was because the view of the James River was really similar to that of the Thames River in England. Although I love the sciences, I've always been interested in history too so its nice to finally live (soon anyway!) in a place that has some history behind it. Living in Southwest Florida my whole life, historical sites are few and far between. Its pretty sad when oldest house in your area is moved north to preserve it because the city wants to build on its prime real estate. Gotta love Collier County.

No comments:

Post a Comment